Having presented this recipe across the weekend of demos at The Natural and Organic Supershow in Melbourne and up in QLD to celebrate the health benefits of my favourite superfood, raw cacao. This recipe is rich, dark and decadent and celebrates raw chocolate in its most natural state.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 8-10 medjool dates, soaked in warm water for 30 minutes and drained
- 1 can (270ml) coconut cream, full fat and organic
- 2 large avocados, ripe and soft
- 1 cup organic raw cacao
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, coconut nectar or raw honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs, to garnish (optional)
- 1/2 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen, to garnish (optional)
HOW IT'S DONE
- In a powerful food processor, combine the dates and coconut cream and blitz until really well combined and the dates have broken down and are nice and pasty.
- Now add in the avocados, raw cacao powder, natural sweetener, cinnamon and vanilla bean.
- Blend and blitz on high until really well combined.
- Serve in wide glasses, and garnish with raw cacao nibs and/or raspberries
- You can eat it straight away, but I like to refrigerate it for 30minutes to make it nice and cold. I think it tastes better cool!
Store in airtight container in your fridge.