The MCT's found in coconut oil and the natural stimulating effects of cacao can help boost your workouts and take your results to the next level. This has got to be my favourite go-to pre-workout snack.
I've recently been focusing on both increasing my heart rate throughout my workouts and increasing the overall calories I burn in each session by using my fitbit surge. I've learnt very quickly how I can take an average strength training session to next level performance, increasing the intensity of each and every move I make and therefore achieving better results.
Here's some tips I would love to share with you to help you reach your goals sooner. Not to mention the epic recipe below that is the most delicious pre-workout you'll taste.
- By tracking my steps on my surge, I am now walking between every exercise I do in the gym. Instead of sitting down or flicking through my phone between sets, I walk the perimeter of the gym floor, not only increasing my daily step total but keeping a high optimal heart rate.
- This increased heart rate throughout my workout has increased my total calories burned in each session by no less than 200 calories in each and every workout. Meaning I can enjoy more of my favourite meals after my session knowing I have put in the hard work.
- By tracking my steps and heart rate in real time on my wrist, I can see when I am slacking off and need to lift my game. Whether it be two more squats or 5 more minutes on the rower, by understanding how much I am putting out, I know how much I need to dig deep and put in.
Want to know why I use coconut oil and cacao as my natural pre-workout? Keep reading below for health tips and the delicious recipe.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 1/2 cup nut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup raw cacao
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
HOW IT'S DONE
- In a saucepan on low to medium heat combine the nut butter and coconut oil and melt down until they are well combined.
- Now add in the desiccated coconut, raw cacao and raw honey. Stir gently until well combined.
- Prepare a baking tray with baking paper and spread your runny mixture evenly across the tray and top with the raspberries.
- Allow it to set in the freezer for 30 mins and you are good to demolish!
- The MCT's oils contained in coconut oil are readily used by our body as a great source of energy that has a steady release, perfect for those long hard sessions in the gym.
- Cacao is a natural stimulant, making it a perfect addition to your pre-workout to get you switched on a focused for optimal physical performance.
All made with the superfood goodness of Nature's Way Superfoods!