These have got to be the easiest most delicious muffins that take next to time time to prepare and wow, the health benefits match the flavour! I've actually had to make two batches of these in two days, they're not lasting long around here.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 260g fresh beetroot, peeled and grated
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped or 1 tsp vanilla bean seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon powder
- 2 teaspoons Nature's Way super purple carrots, beetroot and berries
- Pinch of himalayan salt
- 150g blanched almond meal
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder (I always use Nature's Way)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ cup (60ml) raw honey, maple syrup or coconut nectar
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
HOW IT'S DONE
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees and be sure you've got a muffin tray & paper liners.
- In a bowl, combine the raw grated beetroot, eggs, vanilla bean, cinnamon, maca, almond meal, raw cacao powder, sweetener, coconut oil and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Using a spoon or fork, mix really well.
- Spoon into your paper lined cupcake papers or small muffin tins.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through, crunchy on top and moist in the middle.
Purple carrots are the original carrot with a much higher nutrient density than orange carrots*. Their high concentration of flavonoids and anthocyanin antioxidants found in Nature’s Way Super Purple Carrot + Beetroot and Berries helps support a healthy heart and immune system plus it contains naturally occurring antioxidants lutein and beta-carotene to support eye health.
Nature’s Way Super Purple Carrot + Beetroot and Berries is a great way to support improved health and well-being.