It's no secret that cacao is known to be one of the highest sources of antioxidant foods on the planet! With raw cacao powder helping fight free radicals to support vitality, health and wellbeing.
But what often people forget about the incredible cacao is that it is one of the most concentrated sources of magnesium found in nature. This essential mineral helps support energy metabolism, the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, along with muscle and nerve function.
To experience the awesome benefits of my favourite superfood, be sure to whip up this incredible recipe today and thank me later! You're welcome.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 cup cacao butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or raw honey
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup nut butter, chunky if possible
- Start by making your chocolate mixture. In a small saucepan on low heat melt down your raw cacao powder, cacao butter and maple syrup until completely combined and runny. It should be a creamy chocolate consistency.
- Take the chocolate off the heat and stir in the nut butter. Not so it completely combines, more so that it integrates but still holds its shape. You want it to run through the chocolate like thick globs.
- Pour your mixture onto a prepared baking tray with baking paper and set in the fridge. After about 20 minutes it will be set but still fudgy!
For more info on Nature's Way Superfoods head to http://naturesway.com.au/category/superfoods/