Berries are by my favourite fruit! Not only are they low fructose helping me manage my blood sugar levels but there is such an incredible variety of berries to choose from and they all taste great!
What I love about this recipe is the phenomenal health benefits the variety of super fruits give you. The mixture is made up of Acai Berries, Goji Berries, Blueberries and a touch of Pomegranate for extra flavour. This combination is loaded with anthocyanins, the antioxidant pigments found in the skin of the berries that are responsible for giving Acai it rich colour. These powerful antioxidants can help protect us from daily free radical damage, helping your body’s ability to fight illness and age-related disease.
What You'll Need to Make 4 Ice Pops
- 400ml coconut water
- 4 teaspoons Nature's Way Super Acai+Berries Powder
- 1/2 cup mixed berries, fresh or frozen
- Icy pole moulds and sticks
- Simply combine your coconut water and berries powder until mixed
- pour into your icy pole moulds to 3/4 full and place some mixed berries in each
- place your sticks in and set in the freezer for a couple of hours
- Remove your ice pops by gently running some hot water on the moulds to loosen
Everyone is always going on about free radicals! So, what are they?
'Free Radicals' are atomic or molecular species with unpaired electrons. They 'attack' healthy molecules to try to get an electron to pair with in order to stabilize their own form. This process damages healthy cells, DNA and enzymes. This damage is a contributor to premature ageing and age-related disease. Increasing your antioxidant intake with foods like Nature's Way Super Acai can help neutralise radicals, limiting the damage they can do.
For more information head to http://www.naturesway.com.au/superfood/super-acai/