This is the best way to start your day!
I am always looking for new ways to incorporate more superfoods into my daily nutrition! And this banana, coconut and chia loaf is one way to get one serious superfood punch in every single bite! This recipe celebrate the epicness of chia seeds, maca powder and chia seeds! You can't go wrong. There is no way you can't feel fantastic after a slice of this baby!
What you'll need
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed up until goey
- 5 free range eggs
- 1/2 cup Nature's Way Coconut Oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons maca powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
How to put it together
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a bowl combine your mashed banana, free range eggs, coconut oil and maple syrup until well combined.
- Now gradually stir in your coconut flour, shredded coconut, chia seeds, maca powder and baking powder. Mix until it forms a lovely batter! If it is too wet, add a little more coconut flour, but if you are finding it too dry or pasty, just add in another egg or more coconut oil.
- Pour your batter into your prepared loaf tin and bake for 20 or so minutes until the top is golden brown and the loaf is cooked through. You can work this out by giving it a little touch on top and if it sinks down, it needs longer.
- Bring it out of the oven, allow it to cool slightly and serve with a generous dollop of coconut yogurt.
If you create this recipe, be sure to tag me on social media with your photo and use the hashtag #LukeHinesOnline
For more information on the superfoods I use, head to http://www.naturesway.com.au/category/superfoods/