HOMEMADE PROTEIN BARS - Makes approx 12 bars
For the Base:
2 cups macadamia nuts
1 cup plant based protein powder or flax meal
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup tahini
Pinch of salt
3/4 cup coconut oil or cacao butter
1/4 cup raw honey
1 teaspoons vanilla beans
For the Chocolate Topping:
1/2 cup cacao butter or coconut oil
1/2 cup raw cacao
2 TBS raw honey or maple syrup
1. Place macadamia nuts, protein powder or flax meal, coconut, tahini and salt in the bowl of a food processor.
2. Process until well combined
3. Melt coconut oil or cacao butter over low heat.
4. Add coconut oil or cacao butter, honey and vanilla to processor bowl and process until well combined to form a thick, yet crunchy paste.
5. Press the mixture into a baking tray.
6. Place in refrigerator to chill.
7. While bars are chilling, prepare Homemade Chocolate by melting all ingredients together on low heat.
8. Top bars with the Homemade chocolate.
9. Place back in refrigerator to chill if you can wait that long!
10. Cut into squares and serve. Store in refrigerator.